Saturday, January 19, 2008

ENTRY 3-HOME-ALONE(TO BE MARKED)

Entry 3-Home-alone(to be marked)
"Are you sure can stay alone at home, dear?" My mother questioned me.

"Sure! What is there to be scared of? Ghosts?" I joked.

My parents were attending a wedding that night, and it was going to be my first night alone at home.

"Well then, we should be back by ten," my mother assured me and with that, both my parents left.

"Hooray! I am home-alone!" I bellowed at the top of my voice.

It was seven fifty-five. My favourite television programme, Phua Chu Kang, was about to start. I raced into the kitchen, grabbed some potato chips, a can of Coca-Cola and dashed back into the living room. I switched on my new Panasonic, forty-two inch LCD television. Phua Chu Kang had already started. I loved Phua Chu Kang because it is an extremely hilarious comedy.

I was simply engrossed in the programme and my eyes were glued to the television set. Just when everything was going well, bad luck struck.

"Zap!" The lights went out, the television abruptly switched off and the fan started moving slower and slower and eventually stopped. There was a power-failure! What horrid timing! It was not over yet. The dark clouds exploded, releasing millions of needles which pelted on my roof-top. It was not only dark but it was also raining cats and dogs.

Suddenly, I heard a distant voice. It seemed to be coming from the house door. I tip-toed quietly towards the door. When I was just a metre away from the door, I managed to decipher what the voice was trying to say.

The draggy voice said, "Prraassiitthh!" Panic gripped me. I was paralysed by fear. I mustered as much courage and strength as possible and then, I sprinted to my room and took my baseball bat. I crept back towards the door. I contemplated whether I should open the door or just do nothing and wait for my parents in fear. Curiosity overcame my fear and I edged closer to the door until I was face to face with the door.
"Zoom!" I swung open the door and swung my baseball bat wildly at the "ghost" as hard as I could. The "ghost" outside ducked and I whacked a pot which broke into smithereens. This was one flexible ghost.

"What are you doing?" the 'ghost' questioned me. The voice sounded extremely familiar. It was my mother! Her voice must have probably been muffled by the sound of the rain. "All this time, I thought my mother had been a ghost. I explained to my mother why I had swung my baseball bat at her. She burst out laughing after I had finished. The reason why my mother had come so suddenly was that she had forgotten to take the wedding gift with her.

At that precise moment, the power came back on. My mother took the wedding gift and asked me if I wanted to follow her. I did not need to be asked twice. I dashed into my room, got changed and attended the wedding with my mother.

No comments: