Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ENTRY 2- A MOMENT I ENJOYED WITH MY FAMILY(TO BE MARKED)

ENTRY 2- A MOMENT I ENJOYED WITH MY FAMILY(TO BE MARKED)


The sky was clear and bright. I woke up early. It was a brilliant day. My family and I were going to Sentosa that morning. We packed sumptuous food and some cool drinks into a picnic basket after which we headed for Sentosa with much excitement and enthusiasm.


The beach waters of Siloso was sparkling under the shining sun. We had finally reached our destination. Sentosa was brimming with people. I scanned the beach and found an empty area where my mother and aunt set up the picnic. My sister, my two cousin sisters and I raced to the glistening beach waters and started splashing about. After about half an hour, we were drenched from head to toe. After changing into dry pairs of clothing, my family and I headed for the sky-ride and luge.


The sky-ride and luge were a stone's throw away. I dashed to the counter and bought four tickets for the sky-ride and the luge. In case you do not know what a luge is, it is something like a Go-Cart, except it does not make use of engines, but rolls over a long, winding and sloping hill.
"Are you sure you guys do not want to come and join us?" I questioned my mother and aunt. "No, it is okay. You guys go ahead," they replied.





My sister, my cousins and I wore some protective gear and strolled towards the sky-rider. The sky-rider can hold four people at a time. We clambered into the sky-rider and fastened the seat belts. A minute passed and then, suddenly, I realised we were moving up. After a mere two minutes, we were already about thirty metres high. From my position, I had a bird's eye view of Mount Faber, Vivo City and Keppel Harbour. It was spectacular!





Within another few minutes, the sky-rider came to a halt. The sky-ride was over. Next up was the luge! We were told how to operate the luge. Now, it was time to ride the luge at last. "Zoom!" I sped forwards. Wind gushed past me. It was superb! The whole ride down the hill was about two minutes. After all of us had reached ground-level, we joined my mother and aunt and then, we decided to watch a musical which was being played a little far away.




We decided to take a stroll to the place where the musical Songs of the Sea was being held. We enjoyed the light breeze as we walked. After about ten minutes, we arrived at our destination. It was already nightfall by then and many people were crowding around the exotic restaurant which was nearby to have their dinner. There was also a crowd gathering in a line leading to the area where the musical was going to be played. We lined up. Two minutes later, we were allowed to enter the seating gallery. My family and i got brilliant seats. The musical started a few minutes later. It was really nice. There were holographic projectors projecting images of fishes and other aquatic creatures. It looked very realistic. I enjoyed the show thoroughly.




After the show, we had some exotic delicacies at the restaurant nearby. Instead of doing the same things like going to the Underwater World or the Dolphin Lagoon, we had done other interesting things.



Dinner was over. With that, we left for home sweet home! I had a great day out!

No comments: